Bob Barker is the Man
Bob Barker retired from The Price Is Right. Iâ€™ll always remember watching it when I was sick and stayed home from school and in the summers. Bob Barker is the fucking man by the way. Still doesnâ€™t hold a candle to H. Johnson, but the guy is straight up boss and has that legacy to prove it. I heard that Rosie Oâ€™Donnell was in the running for taking over. Talk about taking a huge shit on a piece of Americana. Dear God, please donâ€™t let it happen.
Dunt, dunt, da-dah, Dunt, dunt, da-dah, Dunna, dunna, dunna, dunna, dunt, dunt, da-dah. Classic shit.
Speaking of Barkers. When is that Expensive Taste album gonna drop. Should be some nice selections on that wax when it does come out.
Word! Thatâ€™s one reason I like spittinâ€™ these out, is so that I can follow up on these notes. Sure enough, I just got the 15-song mixtape for free from the link below. Reports say that label issues have resulted in the album being split between Skinhead Rob and Paul Wall. Go figure. At least they put out the demo stuff for nothing. Thatâ€™ll work. Check it out.
The latest songs in MY current mixtape playing while writing this include in most recent order:
1. Horace Andy â€“ â€œMammie Blueâ€ from Skylarking
2. The Congos â€“ â€œSolid Foundationâ€ from Heart of the Congos
3. The Heptones â€“ â€œRichard Khouriâ€ from Unreleased Night Food Sessions
4. Burning Spear â€“ â€œDoor Peeperâ€ from Creation Rebel
5. U-Roy â€“ â€œDonâ€™t Stay Awayâ€ from Version Galore