1. Dave Fuentes, bassist for Hepcat and The Aggrolites, passed away last week at the age of 36. Much love goes out to both L.A. crews. Live On. Live On. Live On.
2. Khun Reeâ€™s girlfriend moved into the 1041 spot and is living in The One EKâ€™s old room. Craziness indeed. Re-route those SLAM magazines please!!!
3. Superbad turned out to live up to expectations. Classic teenage comedy. McLovin is the fucking man.
4. While Superbad was certainly hilarious, it doesnâ€™t hold a candle to Yimou Zhangâ€™s Curse of the Golden Flower which I viewed last nite. I had been wanting to see this since it came out, and I knew beforehand that it contained some of the most brilliant cinematography ever, but knowing isnâ€™t the same as seeing. Jaw-dropping use of the frame. The story was equal in terms of quality. Highly recommended viewing.
5. I was told the 13 Roses picture is in print. I thought for sure that theyâ€™d scrap it since Watson has departed. Guess not. Check it out around the ATL.
6. On the Watson tip, here is a nice shot of me enduring the misery of his heavy hand. Photo taken by the rudest girl in the Highlands.
7. Today is the last day to enter the Marcus Geard Zoot Suit contest. Boss threads from a boss musician.
8. If I donâ€™t win, Iâ€™ll settle for a copy of The Boss Harmony Sessions. Anyone found a link yet? Doubtful.
9. The winner from theGoLdBricKâ€™s contest offering a prize to the first person to leave a comment on this page is absolutely nobody. All it would have taken was a simple click of the button and a â€œYo!â€ and you would have been more than happy with the results. I had faith that somebody would have proceeded with the effort, but it turns out youâ€™re all lazy bastards.
10. Havenâ€™t followed the MLB season hardly in the least bit, but I got Red Sox v. Cubs in the World Series. Historic franchises in historical ballparks with my BoSox coming out on top in six games.
11. Hooray for me, Iâ€™m getting a MacBook this week. Hooray for you, the Top Rankinâ€™ Hi-Fi will serve up some tasty treats upon its revival.
12. Madlib, PBW, Karriem Riggins, J. Rocc and Percee P are coming to The Loft on December 8. Don’t fuck it up and make the Esperanza presence known. Additonally, tomorrow is the Percee P, Common, and Q-Tip show at Center Stage. I recommend you attend.
13. Scroll down at this blog to see some hilarious albums covers. Some had been distributed in previous blogworld posts, but I had never seen the two below which are beyond hilarious.
14. The annual Phuket Vegetarian Festival is starting in about a week or so with early morning parades daily at temples throughout Phuket. Should be quite the spectacle. Jeb maak maak!
15. Till next time, stay sharp.